VocalTec to present Essentra product to India

VocalTec Communications Ltd. made its first purchase order yesterday¬†from a Governmental Telecom Organization in India. The move consists of the first of many steps towards presenting VocalTec’s Essentra product family to customers in India.


The Essentra suite of services provides trunking, peering, access gateway and service delivery systems that enable flexible deployment of next-generation networks (NGNs), enabling the smooth migration of voice networks from TDM to ATM and IP.
“We are excited about the potential of the partnership with the government organization and the potential of the market in India for our carrier class VoIP products. The partnership fits our strategy of working together with leading partners to provide carriers with the best possible solutions for their needs,” said Edu Meytal, VP Sales at VocalTec. “We view this government organization as a long-term partner, and look forward to expanding this relationship and our presence in India.”
VoIP gateway provider Tdsoft Ltd. and VocalTec announced they signed an agreement last year. Once the transaction is completed, Tdsoft shareholders will own 75 percent of the outstanding share capital of VocalTec, while VocalTec shareholders will own the remaining 25 percent.
“Following completion of the transaction, Cisco Systems International BV (a subsidiary of Cisco Systems Inc.) and HarbourVest Partners, LLC, currently major shareholders of Tdsoft, and Deutsche Telekom, currently a major shareholder of VocalTec, are expected to hold approximately 36 percent, 20 percent and 3.8 percent, respectively, of VocalTec’s share capital,” noted the companies’ news release.
VocalTec Communications Ltd.
Summary

On Friday, VocalTec Communications Ltd. announced its intentions to present VocalTec’s Essentra to India.


Contact the author.
Post your Comments
Please ensure your comment is appropriate before posting.